Researchers and educational institutions

Those conducting research and educational activity in Svalbard must familiarise themselves with the applicable regulations. As a rule, most field activities will require permission from The Governor of Svalbard. The Governor of Svalbard requires that all research applications and reports are submitted via the Research in Svalbard (RiS) portal.

Published 6/20/2019