Application for a license to serve alcohol and import permit for alcohol for ships sailing in Svalbard waters
All ships sailing in Svalbard waters must have a license to serve/sell alcoholic beverages on board. You must have a license to serve alcohol to be able to apply for an import permit for alcohol to Svalbard.
The application for a license to serve/sell alcohol must contain the following information:
- Name of company / shipping company.
- Name of vessel that will be the place of serving alcoholic beverages.
- The period applied for (from/to date); e.g., 01.05.23 to 30.09.23.
- Name of responsible bar manager and deputy (will undergo a background check).
An application for an import permit must contain the following information:
- Amount of alcohol (number of liters).
- Type of alcohol (e.g., 2000 litres of beer, 200 litres of wine, 100 litres of spirits).
The import permit is valid as identification towards the sales company of alcoholic beverages.
It is a prerequisite that the trip plan has been reported to and processed by the Governor of Svalbard.
See application forms for import permit and alcohol license.
The application processing period is four weeks.